Study in the USA
United States of America commonly known as U.S.A. The most popular study abroad destination amongst students in India. USA is one of the largest technological updated and powerful economies of the world. The United States of America has 50 states; it’s the melting point for cultural diversity. It is also known as “land of opportunity” students from UK, Canada, and Europe come to USA for further studies. USA has strong reputation in field of education and research in fact country has highest number of Universities with highest rankings. The country has been invention hub giving great chances for development and learning. The same features are reflected in education system of USA. Student Visa for USA is called F 1.
List of Colleges & Universities in USA
✦Chicago State University
✦City University of Seattle
✦Colorado State University
✦Dallas Baptist University
✦Tennessee Tech University
✦North-western Polytechnic University
✦Henderson State University
✦Illinois State University
✦University of New Haven
✦University of Bridgeport
✦University of Findlay
✦Wichita State University
✦Murray State University
✦Eastern Washington University
✦Florida International University
✦Pacific Lutheran University
✦University Of Philadelphia
✦Florida National University
✦Colorado Mesa University
✦University of Nebraska
✦Murray State University
✦California State University
✦Ferris State University
✦University Of Houston
✦Michigan State University
✦American College of Commerce & Technology
✦Stevens Henagar College
✦Fulton M Community College
✦Herkimer County Community College
✦Columbia West College
✦Old Westbury (SUNY)
✦Manhattan Institute of Management
✦New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)
✦Plymouth State University
✦St. Thomas University
✦University of North Alabama
✦Yakima Valley Community College
✦North Cedar Academy – Lady Smith International School
✦South Settle College
✦Chardon State College
Admission Process for USA
Education system in USA is very flexible. The students are rated GPA – Grade Point Average. Schools, Private institutes, Colleges and Universities have their individual admission requirements. Post-secondary programs including bachelor’s degree program are known as undergraduate programs, while master’s program and doctorate are known as graduate programs. Courses are credit based. USA also offers OPT and CPT – Optional Practical Training and Curriculum Practical Training, the courses are determined by credits.
For applying to schools in USA either SAT or ACT is required. These are standardized quantitative exams. Each school sets a minimum SAT score that a student must achieve in order to gain admission.
Under Graduate Programs:
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programs like Associate Degree and Bachelor’s Degree:
• Students need to have good academic records. Minimum 16 years of post-secondary education is required for Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Higher Secondary marksheet with above 50%. In some universities percentage cut off can be higher.
• IELTS overall score of 6.0 or TOEFL 80 iBT.
• Work experience letter (if applicable).
• Some Universities require SAT score sheet.
• Recommendation letters and Covering letter for Application (SOP).
• Application fees varying from $ 80 to $ 250.
• Passport biodata pages.
Post Graduate Programs:
Admission Requirement for Graduate Programs like Masters Course and Doctorate:
• Students need to have good academic records.
• Bachelor’s degree or in some case 4 years degree with minimum 50%.score.
• IELTS overall score of 6.5 or TOEFL 100 iBT.
• Work Experience letter as per requirement of course. (If applicable).
• In some cases work experience is mandatory.
• For admission in creative or professional field portfolio or detailed subject research is required.
• For some Masters Programs & Doctorate programs research proposal, good academic background and high score in IELTS/TOEFL and GRE/GMAT is mandatory.
• Application fees varying from $ 100 to $ 250.
• Passport bio data pages.
Fall is the main intake, maximum courses are available for fall i.e. August/September. Other intakes are spring i.e. January and summer i.e. May. Each University follows its deadline criteria. It is advisable to apply early at least four to six months prior to the intake.
o Academic document – Secondary and Higher Secondary mark sheets, Bachelors and Masters Mark sheets, degree certificate/transcript and any other certificates. (As per the individual case).
o IELTS score sheet or TOEFL score sheet/ English proficiency test result.
o Visa Fees payment confirmation and Interview Date Confirmation.
o Work experience letter (if applicable).
o Recommendation letters.
o Updated Resume.
o Passport photocopy of biodata pages.
o Financial Documents showing strong financial background- Bank certificate or Bank Statement with sufficient fund is preferable.
o Covering letter or SOP for application.
o In some cases credential evaluation is also required. (If applicable).
o Application fees (as applicable).
Tuition Fees :
Course Level Tuition Fees In USD $
Associate Degree (2 years) or Bachelor’s Degree (4 years) $ 10000 to $ 25000
Master’s Degree (1 year /2year) or Doctorate (3-5 years) $ 15000 to $ 25000
Student Visa Process for USA
Regular full time international student apply for F 1 visa, there are other categories also like J-1 and M-1 for exchange and vocational training respectively.
• F-1 Visa – Full time regular programs
Original I-20 is required, payment of SEVIS fees is mandatory. Once this is done and DS 160 form is complete, student needs to pay the visa fees and select OFC Appointment date (fingerprint date) and book an interview appointment date online. Interview is mandatory for students; the success rate of the visa depends upon the interview. At Future Link students are prepared for interview once they start admission processing, by the time of final visa application they are well prepared in advance to face critical interview questions assertively.
Documents required for USA Student Visa / F-1 Visa
Students need to carry all original documents for interview and a set of the copy. You need to apply for the visa within 120 days from the issue date of I-20.
• Sevis payment receipt I-901.
• DS 160 form Confirmation page.
• Visa fees payment receipt.
• Original barcode Sevis issued I-20.
• Original Passport
• Bank statement and certificates showing strong financial background ($ 30,000 to $ 50,000).
• Interview confirmation page.
• All academic documents including transcripts, IELTS/TOEFL score sheet.
• Financial documents or education loan.
• Property valuations.
• Income details with proofs.
• Sevis fee is $ 200 and Visa Fees is $ 160.
Living Cost of USA
US $ 10,000 to CAD $ 12000 per annum. The actual cost of living will vary from state to state.
Processing Time for F-1 Visa
Pre-visa preparation is time consuming right from admission enrolment till selection of appointment date. Interview is a very integral part of visa processing; students need to carry all the original documents for the interview on the appointed date. Students are informed about the visa approval status on the same day of the interview.
|LOYALS ADMISSION WORLDWIDE
|S. A International
Dhaka 1207, Bangladesh
Mobile No: 01823-505073, 01511-120112